Wednesday 21 October 2015

New Shop, New Blog!

I've been working hard for the past couple of weeks to get my Etsy shop going. You wouldn't believe how full each day of my planner is with to-do lists and tasks I've accomplished! I'm quite proud of myself actually, for getting as far as I have in such a short time, especially considering Eunice has her own time table that I have no choice but to follow. For example, this afternoon at 5:00, Eunice told me that I needed a nap. I told Eunice, it was 5:00 and if I napped, I will be up until the middle of the night. Eunice told me she didn't care and put me to bed. Two hours later, I woke up. And sure enough, it's nearly midnight and I'm wide awake, working.

Anywhoozles. That's how it is now living with Eunice the Fibro-Monster. And I'm going to succeed despite it. So with that.... I'd like to introduce you to... my new blog!



Some of you may have observed a discrepancy...  isn't your Etsy shop called Dawna's Sticky Business?  Well, yes indeedy, that is the name I used when I started the shop.  I decided to change the name.  Why would I do that before I even get off the ground?  You see, Etsy doesn't allow spaces in the names of the shops.  A good friend pointed out to me that DawnasStickyBusiness could be misread by people (I'll save you the trouble of trying to figure it out:  Dawn Ass Ticky Business).  Now I don't know what Ass Ticking is or if it is even a "thing", but I certainly don't want people looking at my business name and getting the wrong idea.  I kind of like Stick With Dawna better anyway.  It seems like it's less about me, and more about you wanting to return to my business.  :)

As I build stock and inventory, I plan to post regularly with photos, maybe I'll write some fun little articles about crafts or something, and I may end up expanding StickWithDawna from sticky items to some of my other artistic endeavours like my paintings, my scrapbooks and my digi-kits.  That's all in the future at the moment because of course, a small business needs to concentrate on getting up and running first and worry about expansions later!

Check out my shop tomorrow.  I have a few new items to list tomorrow morning and they should be in the shop before noon (Central time).  

Subscribe to my new blog so you can keep up with my activity. It's the circle of life:  as one part of you grows, other parts of you get left behind.  I'm not saying that I'll ever leave True North Scraps because that is a permanent part of me, but TNS is going to be sitting on the bench for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment